May 29, 2008

I'm Not a College Student Anymore

Remember the days when you could stay up until 3 or 4 AM and still get up the next morning and function normally? Yeah, well, those were the college days. Those days are long gone.

Last night I was up working on my hubby's Father's Day gift. I've spent countless hours on this gift and want it to be special for him. So, I haven't minded staying up late. But, last night, after we got home from Bible study, put Toad to bed and talked for a bit, I put in another five hours working on it. I'm thrilled to say it is finished!! However, I am paying for it today. I kept seeing the clock on my computer reminding me of how late it was getting...11:38 PM...12:01 AM...12:54 AM. At 1:59 AM, I thought I was almost done. It wasn't until 3:42 AM that I climbed into bed. And, of course, I couldn't fall asleep right away because I was thinking of details regarding his gift--whether it would be as meaningful to him as it is for me --I mean, for Toad-- to give it to him. Needless to say, I didn't fall asleep until closer to 4 AM and then Toad woke up at 8:15 AM. I am grateful, however, that Toad ended up going to bed a little later than normal last night, because it bought me about extra 45 minutes of sleep this morning.
Oh, my eyes, though! They felt sooo heavy this morning and were hard to keep open at first. I could literally feel the bags under them sagging down my face. I was reminded that I am definitely not that college student anymore. Functioning on 4 hours of sleep isn't pretty. The weird thing is that it wasn't too long ago when 4 hours of straight sleep would have been counted glorious to me and my hubby. I guess I've adjusted to not having a newborn schedule anymore.
All in all, though, my hubby is definitely worth the "sleepless nights". I can't wait for him to open his gift.

4 comments:

AZChelsea said...

Wow...there is no way I could stay up past midnight! I think you are worrying too much about the father's day gift....Mark is going to love anything he is given! Now go to bed early tonight!

Kacy said...

Wow - this must be SOME gift! You're putting me to shame :)

Anonymous said...

Tell me what it is!!!
I want to know!
I appreciate all that you do!

Not Your Stepford Wife said...

Can't wait to see what the gift is!!! You better post about it after Father's Day!